CRM is widely used to collect and manage large amounts of customer data and then carry out strategies based on that information. The CRM data helps to route and solve specific problems in the customer relationship cycle. It provides insights into customer needs and behaviors.
Businesses use CRM solution to:
- Co-ordinate information quickly between the staff to increase effectiveness by providing real time data update
- Generate and analyze sales forecast
- Feed data regarding customer preferences and interest to improve sales strategies
- Improve customer relationships
- Increase efficiency and productivity
- Increase sales by systematically identifying and managing sales leads
- To streamline work process
Many businesses still use spreadsheets for managing many of the work process. This isn’t a good idea as the data is vulnerable to modifications, deletion or mistakes. And the truth is you will never be able to identify whats happening with your data. Only with accurate information you can build a better working process and improve your business.
What you need is a real time tracking system that can not only help you to manage your business data but also help in improving your business to run efficiently and bring more success.
It is well known that businesses grow and succeed based on their relationship with their customers. Satisfied customers will be repeat customers and happy customers will refer new customers. A key component of managing customer relationships is to make use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. CRM software has been designed to help businesses benefit from their customer relationships.
By helping customers know that you recognize them personally, you can maintain strong relationships and devoted customers. Strong client relationships will help you discover new clients through referrals from your satisfied customers.
Why Web based CRM Software?
Many people fail to realize that traditional on-premise software is not safe or reliable. Computers can crash or get stolen and hackers can easily access your valuable business information. Many people fear to switch over to the web based solutions because it is a new concept and they don’t understand how it works.
Data which is stored on the web with Maple CRM Solution are lot more secure than on your hard drive. Not only that, you can access it from anywhere and provide access to your staff with controlled permissions. Extensive investments are not required and you don’t need to worry about the maintenance or upgrades. Thus it does save a lot of money for your business.
Maple offers everything that you need for your business to run smoothly. It also provides integration facilities there by helping you to increase profits through various options.
Maple CRM solution enables companies to develop stronger relationships with customers and maintain a clear view of customers throughout the business relationship. The solution helps in boosting your customer’s satisfaction, increase value from existing customers and decrease costs associated with supporting and servicing.
CRM software is as good as the information it contains. Let your CRM work for its purpose. Have a quick check on the profiles and leads. Are the records up to date and whether it has been filled up with accurate data?
Its the fact that the last push isn’t going to happen in a hurry. So have a preventive maintenance right before you conduct any mail campaign. Here are few of the tips noted below that could avoid incomplete, incorrect or out of date information in the CRM system.
– Decide on a procedure for deleting duplicate entries. Also, ensure a method for the staff to check the record before adding a new entry. E.g. If one your staff is using abbreviation like HCL and the other one adding a new entry as Hindustan Computer Limited which is the full form. A policy on ensuring consistency of input will help to avoid duplications in future.
– Set the date for updating details. If you want your staff to update the records by end of the day or at the time of each inquiry etc.
– Always have correct spellings of your client names. If your staff sends an email to the customer spelling his name incorrectly, it would make customer unhappy.
– Set up procedures on how to respond to customer emails and what details are to be added in the CRM software from that interaction.
– Keep a track on the backup of CRM software. Who is responsible to take it? In case of his absence who should be handling it and where is it stored?
– Are the backups safely in your staffs hand? This is an important step when it comes to data security. Make sure that other employees don’t have the access to the data backup.
– Train your staff on how useful it would be for business to have accurate data in the CRM system.
– Know who has the rights to the software system – who can create data entries, who can modify or delete the records?
– Have a team leader or manager to check on the leads and customer details that are handled by the staff.
These practices will turn the whole business process flow smoothly. When the CRM is used in a best way, it can bring lot of opportunities.
Large businesses have different goals and plans where as small organization have different goals and different plans. Small Business CRMs are quite helpful in increasing revenues, it smoothens the sales cycle, improves lead conversion rates, provides better customer retention and brings in improved profits etc.
But before implementing such a CRM software for business the entrepreneurs should ask themselves a few questions justifying the need and requirement of a small business CRM like – Why CRM? – Do you even need a CRM solution? and How to choose best CRM? etc.
Small business CRM software are available online thus improving your overall working model as well as it is cost effective. The Web based CRM for small business can be implemented much faster than traditional on-premise CRM systems. Business persons just need to subscribe for required features and pay the minimum subscription amount. Almost immediately the small business online CRM application can be accessed and used in a secure hassle-free manner, without expensive installation or customization. Also, they are location and computer independent, so CRM users can access the software from anywhere at any time.
Web based CRM is a flexible and cost-effective business model. This model is said to decrease cost and allows a company to focus more resources on its main business areas. The operating costs are much lower as web based CRM systems are maintained by the provider and not by the subscriber. Data backup and other security, software upgrades, and application maintenance are all taken care by the provider itself so it requires no additional on-site staff to be employed for maintenance purpose.
CRM improves the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, eases the sales process by automating the procedure and provides a satisfying customer support experience. It also helps in analyzing the business growth and understanding the sales and marketing activities and gives a clear cut view of the business life cycle.
Thus small enterprises can also make use of CRM effectively for their business growth and profitability. CRM is more than a necessity for small to medium to large companies when it comes to managing sales activities and customer service.
CRM has been the most widely talked about concept for every business. If you haven’t yet realized what is the necessity of the CRM then its time you understand what is the talk all about. Check out many articles which has been written by various CRM experts.
You can also check for CRM articles here: http://maplecrm.com/crm_ articles.php
Companies investing on CRM sysems can learn more about their customers and offer services much better as all the relevant information of the customer is available up to date.
If customer relationships are an important asset to your business, then effective CRM strategies and software are the keys to achieve the goal. CRM puts the customer right at the center of the organization. CRM is just not a tool but it is purpose for growing business.